CAST: In this episode we welcome Shebby Singh, one of Asia’s best known football pundits to the show. Shebby has been on TV for more than 20 years, and has been a Tottenham supporter since 1973 when we beat Norwich in the League Cup Final. He was also a long time Malaysian international defender; but is probably best known, or most notorious, for his time as “Global Footballer Advisor” at Blackburn Rovers in the early 2010’s. Gary Stevens (ex-Spurs player, legendary UEFA Cup final penalty taking winner from 1984) also returns to the show for his second outing; and along with Mr. Jolly (Sydney OzSpurs, Cheese Room founder); and host Shehzad Haque (TV host, Singapore) they dig into the big topics of the week in Tottenham land!
PLOT: The crew discuss:
- The smash and grab job at Citeh, including the handball and VAR.
- How good is Lucas Moura? Would you start him, Son or both against Newcastle?
- What’s our playing style? Do we have a clear identity as a team any more? Gary suggests that like most teams it’s fluid and changes depending on context. What’s your view?
- Shebby argues that Eriksen is a great player against lesser teams, but despite being one of the best #10’s in the world, he is wasted against better teams because we don’t have the ball enough! Thus, he wouldn’t have started him at City.
- We all wonder when Jan will return and Mr. Jolly speculates that it could be a prolonged absence.
FACES IN THE CROWD: In Part 2 of the show The Cheese Room’s Russian podcaster extraordinaire Vlad, interviews Ryan Horst, a mad Spurs Fan, and long time Cheese Head from Washington State in the USA. Ryan is a highly qualified referee and the two gents discuss VAR; the handball at City; and also the refereeing skill of Michael OliVAR, or lack thereof. For your information, Faces in the Crowd is the segment where we interview Spurs fans from around the world. If you’d like to be interviewed for it, have something to say, as well as access to a decent microphone and Internet better than the dog s**t that Sydney serves up at times, do get in touch!
PRODUCTION: This week’s show was produced by Mr. Jolly and Shehzad Haque; edited by Mr. Jolly with cover design by the Jolly old gaffer too. COYS!